Block Electric recently completed the upscale renovation project for Restoration Hardware, located in the Gold Coast’s 70,000 square foot Three Arts Club at 1300 N. Dearborn Parkway. Restoration Hardware’s renovation of the Three Arts Club as one of their flagship buildings was designed to reflect their high end marketplace and restore and reestablish the landmark’s presence in the Gold Coast’s residential neighborhood. The building is far more than just a furniture showroom. The sixstory Gallery at the Three Arts Club is home to a café and wine tasting room, a music venue, a courtyard that is open year-round, a rooftop garden, and design floors that showcase Restoration Hardware’s two newest additions- Restoration Hardware Modern and Restoration Hardware Teen. The 110 units in the building were arranged around the central courtyard
The project took approximately 9 months to complete. Block Electric electricians worked almost 20,000 man hours to complete the electrical installation, including the merchandising installation of all the lighting fixtures. The project was supervised by Mike Benninger, Joe Roppolo and Joe Sambucaro with the help and support of many talented Block Electric electricians. “The Block Electric crew did a superb job with all the detail required for this renovation,” Block Electric Project Manager Jeff Keltz said. “It was a great use of their creativity and resourcefulness. Well done!”
Originally the Three Arts Club was built in 1914 to provide a safe, supportive and economical residence for young women studying the arts. This was part of a trend at the turn of the century to construct buildings for artists that was indicative of a growing appreciation for the arts in urban life and as a worthwhile educational pursuit.
Outside arches separated by fluted columns frame the entrance of the building. The Byzantine- style entrance contains mosaics representing the three arts of music, drama and painting. The interior barrel-vaulted ceilings have been restored and the grand staircase that had been closed for years has been reopened. The historic stage, which was once a performance venue for residents of the building, has been restored and lined with gilded antique mirrors and will be used to host acoustic performances