Block Electric was pleased to play a crucial part in the electrical design of the largest building in Will County – Dollar Tree Stores’ Joliet Regional Distribution Center.
The Dollar Tree Stores Regional Distribution Center is over 1.2 million square feet of sorting machines, conveyors and, of course, merchandise. Designing the electrical system to power all the technology inside the space was no small feat, starting with the two 4,000 amp electrical services. Connecting the automated system for tagging and barcoding merchandise together with over 150 electronic docks took an incredible amount of electrical design experience and expertise. In the end, Block Electric installed:
- 38 miles of metal conduit
- 208 miles of wire
- 4,300 light fixtures
- 18 miles of fluorescent lamps
Dollar Tree Stores’ Joliet Regional Distribution Center serves over 600 Dollar Tree Stores across the Midwest. It’s absolutely vital to the business that the central distribution is optimized to run at peak performance at all times. As with all of our large scale electrical contractor work, this project had its own unique set of requirements.
In addition to the staggering figures above, Block Electric also installed the following custom features to the Dollar Tree Stores Joliet Regional Distribution Center:
- Underground utility and services
- Lighting and lighting controls
- Energy management systems installation
- Power systems
- Emergency back-up power system
- Packaging and sorting equipment power and controls
- 3-Story conveying systems power & controls
- A host of additional special systems
- Site grounds lighting and security
- Lightning protection and grounding
- Automated forklift battery charging room power & controls
Contact Block Electric today to discuss your next electrical design project.